I have been nominated for a Liebster Award for this blog by one of my fave bloggers: Claire, who blogs under http://ukdesperatehousewifeusa.wordpress.com/ she is a fellow expat and blogs about her experiences as a Brit in the USA
As a nominee I need to do the following:
When one receives the award, one posts 11 random facts about oneself and answers the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
Pass the award onto 11 other blogs (while making sure one notifies the blogger that one nominated them!)
One writes up 11 NEW questions directed towards YOUR nominees.
One is not allowed to nominate the blog who nominated one’s own blog!
One pastes the award picture into ones blog
11 Random Facts About Me
1. I was in a Coca-Cola advert filmed at the Brixton Academy in London. Because none of the people in it were equity members the ad was never shown in the UK
2. I rarely do anything without writing a list about it first.
3. I always have nail polish on my hands and feet.
4. I won’t even put the rubbish out without having my make up on
5. When I was little I wanted to be a photographe
6. My favourite film is Jurassic Park.
7. I have read all the Harry Potter novels… twice
8. When I’m in the car alone I love to sing really loudly
9. I can write the alphabet backwards (not Z-A) literally form the letters backwards so that they are the right way round in a mirror
10. I have pretty girlie taste in most things I love pink and sparkles but I have never enjoyed chick flicks and I prefer big chunky cars to little girly racers
11. I have a ridiculously large collection of shoes and most of them are really uncomfortable
Questions from Claire:
1. What do you eat that you actually hate?
Brussel sprouts, does anyone actually like the taste?
2. Tea or dinner?
3. What is under your bed?
The kids Christmas presents, I’ll need to move them now!
4. What book do you wish you had written?
How to win friends and influence people. I’m a terrible judge of character so I’d love to have enough insight into human behavior to have written this book
5. What rules did you break that your parents made up for you?
No eating in the lounge. We had a ban on food in there after we redecorated but I loved eating in front of the TV when I was on my own. I’m going to be in trouble now!
6. Which animal represents you?
A lioness. She may seem like a big pussy cat but she’ll kill anything that threatens her cubs!
7. Is there a place on earth you haven’t been yet, but would love to go to?
There are loads of them but the one that jumps to mind is Churchill, Manitoba I really want to go and see the polar bears.
8. Impulse buy, or planned shopper?
Planned shopper definitely, I rarely do anything on impulse
9. What law would you change?
Reciprocal driving license agreements. I’m sure giving immigrants driving licenses without a test is what contributes to appalling standards of driving here in Ontario.
10. If you had to have any celebrity hairstyle, whose would it be?
On oldie but goodie, it has to be Jennifer Anniston. She always looks so glamorous
11. Chocolate or wine?
Wine, no wait, chocolate. Hey, UNFAIR QUESTION! OK if I have to choose, wine.
My questions to the following blogging nominees:
1. What was the first song you ever bought?
2. Name one person you would invite to your fantasy dinner party
3. What TV programme is your guilty pleasure?
4. If you could be a character in a book, who would you be?
5. What was your first job?
6. Do you have a ‘happy place’?
7. If you could have a super power what would it be?
8. What is your most prized possession?
9. What frightens you?
10. Which celebrity irritates you the most?
11. What is your favourite season?
And the nominees are: